Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Operate your own Glide-O-Bike airport"

(click ad, via) It's your copyranter ridiculous Buygone™ product of the week. Lemonade stands were for pussies. Read every word of the copy on this 1931 advert, including the testimonials from the probably soon to be seriously injured boys. "I never spent a quarter better I can tell you"—Robert Holt, Los Angeles. For your 25¢, in addition to the "easy plans," you also received "instructions on how to build and run your own airport and a long list of air terms you'll want to know." Dig that whooshing red type. Previously in: What Could Go Wrong? products of the past.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jessie said...

Oh wow. It commands you to read it. Why didn't I think of that?

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

And, I gotta say, they're showing a pronounced disinterest for the female demo.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Sheleigh said...

Silly Rabbit! Girls don't ride bikes.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll stick with my wax wings.

Sincerely,
Icarus

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home